Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trying Something New

A friend of mine asked me to help frame a jersey for his dad's birthday. Since I lost a bet to this said friend and had to buy a Roberto Clemente jersey for him, it seems only fitting that I frame it as well.

I did a pretty extensive search online to find step by step instructions on 'how to frame a baseball jersey'. The only results I was finding were, 'GO TO A FRAME SHOP AND HAVE IT DONE PROFESSIONALLY'. Lets be honest, that scared me a bit. I started doubting myself before I even started. Along with the 'don't try this at home' suggestions, the price of the framing (by professionals) were also made available (at least $300.00 - $600.00). Considering this was for a jersey that is not signed and lets be honest, it would be quite hard to get a Clemente jersey signed at this point. The only option was to give it a shot.

I need to back track a bit. I went to Michael's about a week ago to check out frames. The frame I wanted to get was close to 50in x 40in, it was huge. This frame would have allowed me to keep the jersey pretty much unfolded. Then I thought about the wall space needed to house a frame this big. So, I decided to go with a much smaller frame (half the side). I had to fold the jersey quite a bit, but I think it looks ok.

If I attempt to frame another jersey, I definitely have some lessons learned. But, for my first time, I don't think it turned out too bad. I just hope that after a couple days hanging up on the wall, the velcro and pins don't give out.

Take a look:




If you want to spend $50.00 vs $300.00 - $600.00, let me know!

Oh--since I am such a nice friend, I made my buddy a little 'something' to put on his desk, as he likes Roberto Clemente too. Well look at me!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tip MY hat top you, very nicely done

February 25, 2008 2:23 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Amy,

That looks sweet. Keep an eye on your mail. My Joe Sakic jersey should be arriving any day. I trust the frame you pick will be awesome. I will be awaiting your invoice.

February 26, 2008 9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you