Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trip Report: Daytona 500

A group of six of us, headed to warm Orlando Florida, from icy NOVA. We were so happy to be leaving the cold weather, we got a little crazy at the bar and almost missed our plane! We arrive in Orlando (early), then head to the rental car place to pick up our mini van. I was nervous about getting a mini van, because I knew at one point I would have to drive it. Lets be honest, I think my Honda Civic is big. Anyway, the minute I got behind the big beast, I loved it. I was instantly told that I couldn't enjoy 'the van', unless I had kids. SO... I will stick with my Honday for awhile.

We rented a house in Orlando (thanks to Marc for finding the house). It had 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, an awesome rec room, pool, hot tub, and PS2 (for Guitar Hero). We had a blast--from playing pool, to playing beer pong, sitting in the sun and watching Kane jump into the ice cold pool.

Friday, we had two more people join us (they drove up from Ft. Lauderdale). This completed our 'group' for the week. I would say, for the first time all being together on a trip, we got along great and had a blast. I can't get into all the details, but it was full of beer, music, pool, fun in the sun and racing. I took a lot of videos, but I can't put them on picasa site (there are parents looking at this). If you want to see any of them, let me know.

Some of the highlights from the trip were:
* You shut your mouth when you're talking to me
* Applesauce shots
* Jell-o shots
* Steak dinners
* Crazy drivers
* Sonic
* Breaking into the pool equipment to fix the freezing pool
* Rick being a lady for the afternoon
* Tim's limo ride
* Late night music sessions
* Pool betting
* Guitar Hero
* Rick's "would you rather..." questions
* Waffle House--smothered hash browns
* Motor boating
* I swear, just one more picture....
* Beer Pong
* Treasures at the bottom of the pool
* Phil and friends

There has been crazy talks about going to the Phoenix race in April. Who knows, this may be a group that travels all around the NASCAR circuit. Watch out for more trip reports. If you want to see the pics, check out Picasa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend is all I can say. Full of great "new" friends, fantastic "old" friends and way too many beers! Can't wait to do it all again, of course have to give my body time to get back to normal.

-michelle

February 22, 2008 2:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you