Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Purchase



Marc and I went to the new Clydes (at Willow Creek) on Friday. This place is enormous. It has a completely different feel than the Clydes in Tyson's (the one I go to all the time). Its filled with Loudoun county artifacts from the mid 1800s. Its really a nice place. We also experienced the Ashburn suburbia happy hour, quite amusing.

After dinner and a couple drinks, we went shopping. I was looking for a little table to store some of our ever growing dvd collection. We went to the Storehouse outlet, we found out it has closed! Oh No, I loved that place. Next, we made our way to Crate and Barrel--nothing! On to Pottery Barn--negative. However, I did find something that caught my eye. Remember my story about buying the big shoe chair? The clouds parting and the angels singing. Well, it happened again. I found an enormous rolling pin. I had to buy it. Either Marc actually thought it was cool too, or he just gave up trying to stop me from buying such 'things'. Not sure which one it was, but we walked out with the big rolling pin and a new duvet cover. I plan on putting her up on the wall in the kitchen or in the dinning room. Marc says it belongs in a Waffle House or some other restaurant. He also says the Fennec Fox belongs in the Sahara, not in Leesburg. The rolling pin is in our house, maybe a Fennec Fox will be too? Anyway, here she is!!
Note: I like to buy small versions of large things and big versions of small things (if that makes sense). Have you ever seen the mini models of tents at REI? This would qualify as a mini version of something large. Although, they never let me buy them from the store ;-(

2 Comments:

Blogger SGCL said...

Marc is a wise man - you should heed his advice more often.

January 18, 2007 9:52 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

What, you don't like it? I was thinking of getting one for you for your Birthday. Although, I was going to paint it up tye-dye style. Thought you would love it!!!

January 18, 2007 10:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you