Sunday, January 07, 2007

What a Colorful Weekend

It was 70 degrees on Saturday. Marc and I broke a sweat taking our Christmas lights down. It was delightful. Although I was a little nervous it was 70 degrees Jan 6th, it was nice to open up all the windows and let the house breathe.


I had a small task on my mind this weekend, I wanted to finally paint our master bathroom. I wanted to paint it two colors, tan-ish/taupe and a sage/sea green. Marc was not very happy about this. I thought if we taped the bathroom and painted one color one day then paint the other color the next day, it would be less stressful. It was nice to break it up, but it still took forever. I am not sure why it takes Marc and I so long to paint one room. The ceilings are high, the rooms are big, and there are always two colors going on.. maybe that is why. Still, its never a couple hour task.


Here are some before and afters of the master bathroom.









So, the green is not really what I thought it would look like. But, the tan-ish color is a delight. Neither of the colors show that well in the photos. After everything was done. I lit some candles, ran some hot water, added some bubble bath and some oils and took a swim. I sat back and enjoyed the room. Its so much better than enormous white walls.



Note: Marc--Thanks for getting up in the cove this time! And I have to thank God for giving me an awesomely TALL husband. He can reach so many places while painting that I can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you