Tuesday, January 02, 2007

As God as my Witness...

....as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, We'll never have garbage in our yard again.

I don't know if its the fact that we live at the bottom of a hill in an end unit townhouse. But, Marc and I always find someone's garbage in our yard. It happens every other week, Marc or I end up picking up some paper or plastic out of our yard. Its not the end of the world. It just gets annoying that we have to pick up after people all the time.

This happens because some people can't put their garbage in garbage bags. They just fill up their garbage cans, completely overloading them to the point where the lid does not fit. Since we are on a hill, the slightest breeze is going to come along and knock the can over, when that happens, the trash will find its way into our yard.

Again, we are ok with picking up a piece here or there.

Today, when I got home from work, I found this in our yard.





What is that?? Its like we live along a Highway or something. Well that did it---I took action!

I sent a message to our HOA, suggesting they send letters out to the community (reminding them the proper way of packing their garbage cans). See that big brown box? Well it had an address on it and it was filled with packing peanuts. Guess what I did. I wrote a note to them and we put it on their door. I warned Marc this may make people hate us. But there is NO way I will be picking up all those peanuts. Marc, Jane and myself know how bad that is (we were the good neighbors once and picked up all of ours -- in a wind storm).

The neighbors came home, but I don't think they saw the note on their door yet. But they will. And when they do, I hope they pick up their trash. I know I must sound horrible right now. But I hate picking up packing peanuts (especially when they are not ours). For the love of God, no more packing peanuts.

I will let you know what happens. In the mean time, other neighbors will start to hate us. As we stand, all of the garbage is still in our yard. We look like Sanford and Son. I have a feeling there is going to be a battle among us neighbors. Let the games begin.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you