Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas Vacation

My favorite part in "Christmas Vacation"...

Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.
Aunt Bethany: [turns to Lewis] What, dear?
Nora Griswold: Grace!
Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace. [Bethany shakes her head in confusion]
Uncle Lewis: The BLESSING!
Aunt Bethany: [they all pose for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands/ One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Clark: Amen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again Lovelady, you are cracking my ass up. I love that line too!! Classic!!!! This is the reason I go to your blog everyday!

December 11, 2006 9:01 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I am glad you like it. You may be the only one reading this blog! ha ha ha

December 11, 2006 10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are others of us out there whom truly love "THE BLESSING"

December 12, 2006 7:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you