Monday, December 18, 2006

Look at me!

Every Christmas I make something (in bulk) so I can hand out to folks at work. I have out done myself this year. Well, maybe not the Mason Jar Candle year (those were really cute). I am now considering myself a Chocolatier, a real Willy Wonka. I made 200 chocolate covered pretzels on Saturday. I made: Milk Chocolate, Mint Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Cayenne Pepper, and Caramel Crunch/Peanut Butter. This was my first time experimenting with Mint and Cayenne Pepper. I think if I make them again, I will make the two a little stronger. Nonetheless, it was a success. I will probably post pictures later of the gift bags.

In addition to the chocolate covered pretzels, I made homemade Granola (call me a crunchy hippie), but it is delightful. I may have over cooked the Granola by a few minutes, but I love it. I don't think I will ever buy cereal again. I used a base recipe for Granola, then added in my own flavor (apple cinnamon covered almonds, regular slivered almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, honey and a few dried apples). I am not a fan of huge nuts (get your mind out of the gutter folks) and big chunks of dried fruit, so I cut it all up really small. I want to put it over ice cream, add milk, or add it in yogurt.

I want to scream from ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN, that I love homemade Granola. Its a whole new world, won't you join me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you still had other "Life Callings" out there. Now you can raise Alpachas and sell granola on the side. The hell with the traditional life style.....

December 19, 2006 6:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a little farm up near Edinboro that would be perfect for you and Marc. They have the barn for the Alpacas and a cute farmhouse. And I'm sure the students and faculty of EUP would love that granola.....

December 19, 2006 8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you