Sunday, August 26, 2007

Music Tour 2007: Cont.

We went to the Collective Soul, Live and Counting Crows show on August 15th. It was a perfect night for an evening of live music and beers at a rather lovely little ball park. Collective Soul rocked out more than I thought, Live was very good and Adam Duritz of Counting Crows was loaded. He was so bad, I feared he would fall off the stage. It was entertaining, nonetheless. I am glad we went, we had a great time. Not many pictures to show from this show.

This past weekend, we went to Atlantic City for the 'Alice in Chains/Velvet Revolver' show at the Borgata. If you don't know Marc, his favorite band is Alice in Chains. I liked AIC before I met Marc, but certainly got 'into' them more since knowing him. It is so much fun to watch Marc and a show, its like a kid in a candy store.

We made the decision to stand in line and try to get close to the stage. Marc was nervous that I would get trampled on (didn't happen) and we needed to forego 'beverage service' and bathroom breaks during the show. It paid off, we were 1.5 rows from the stage and had an awesome view.

A little background on the bands (if you don't know). Alice in Chain's front man, William DuVall is taking over for Layne Staley who died of a drug overdose. Marc and I have seen AIC with DuVall a handful of times and he (DuVall) is getting MUCH better. They are pretty tight now(musically) and put on a good show. Scott Weiland (front man for Stone Temple Pilots) is the lead singer for Velvet Revolver (band members from Guns-N-Roses, minus Axl Rose). This was not the first time we saw Weiland perform, as always, he is a great performer. They ended up throwing in some STP and GNR songs. Here is the setlist:

Alice in Chains Setlist:
Again, Grind, We Die Young, Them Bones, Dam that River, Rain When I Die, Nutshell, It Ain’t Like That, Man in the Box, Would, Rooster

Velvet Revolver Setlist:
Let It Roll, She Mine, Sucker Train Blues, Do It For The Kids, Superhuman, Big Machine, Pills, Demons, etc, Vasoline, The Last Fight, Interstate Love Song, Patience, Gravedancer, It’s So Easy, Get Out The Door, Fall To Pieces, She Builds Quick Machines, Set Me Free, Mr. Brownstone, Sex Type Thing, Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd), Slither

I was sneaking some pictures at the show, I was kindly told (twice) to stop taking them. However, we were so close to the bands, I couldn't help it. I ended up with a handful of good photos, here are some of them:



If you want to see the rest of them, check out my picasa site.

Notes: Marc got an AIC guitar pick from Mike Inez (AIC bassist).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you