Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Celtic Festival Weekend

We all had a great time at the Celtic Festival this weekend. I was told to expect good beer, good food and fun crafts (all were true). We could not have asked for better weather either. After several hours of drinking Guinness/Smithwicks/Cider, lounging in the shade and listening to music, we came back to our place for a cook out. Our menu included: steak/veggie kabobs, red pepper dipping sauce, crab cakes, corn on the cob, my first attempt to make potato salad (Marc's mom's recipe), and Vicki's awesome ice cream oreo cake. What a wonderful Saturday!

OK, back to the potato salad. I know that most things homemade are much better than store bought products. My first attempt to make this potato salad, was not a bad one. It could have been a lot better, maybe practice makes perfect. However, I don't think I will make it again anytime soon. In theory, its not hard to make, but it takes a long time to prepare. Do I want to invest the time to do it again? The answer is YES, only if it actually tasted like my mother-in-laws.

Pictures from the festival:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you