Sunday, September 14, 2008

All Clean

I've had my current laptop for about a year now. Most of you know that I spend a fair amount of time on it. I am fairly good at wiping my keyboard down, cleaning my screen, using compressed air cans to clean under the keyboard, etc...

Not sure where (or why) I found the time to do this, but I took my cleaning of the laptop to a whole new level. I pulled off ALL the keys (making sure to place them on the table in order in which they were removed) and proceeded to do a heavy duty clean to the keyboard. Armed with Q-Tips and a water/cleaner solution, I started to painstakingly clean around each key. The amount of gunk that came out, completed surprised me. I mean, lets be honest, I eat while on my computer, but I certainly do not eat over my machine. There was crumbs, dust, and crud---quite disgusting. I almost took a picture of the proof, but decided against it. People may think I am the type of person that cleans her ears then looks at the Q-Tip or something. YUK!

Anyway, twenty minutes later, I am working on a clean laptop and feel great about. I only wish I could somehow install a little air freshener now, like when you go through a car wash. Do you and your computer a favor and conduct this heavy duty clean. You can thank me later for this little piece of advice.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you say O.C.D.? WTF? lol -JSF

September 15, 2008 9:48 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Does it count as OCD, if I only attempted this deep clean once?

September 15, 2008 3:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your need for this level of cleanliness may qualify....JSF

September 16, 2008 8:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you