Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Power of Baking Soda


In between making chili and dressing up Isabella, I decided to try a few new cleaning techniques. I have always heard baking soda is a good cleaner. But I have never really used it. I usually save the baking soda for.. um..baking! But I decided to try a few new cleaning tricks today.

1.) Added some Baking Soda to my bath and made a home made body scrub with it. I added a little baking soda to my favorite body soap. Baking Soda is an excellent and gentle exfoliatant.

2.) Added some to my toothpaste, sprinkled a little Baking Soda over the toothpaste.

3.) I used it as a sink cleanser. Baking Soda doesn't scratch the stainless steel, but leaves it looking brand new in no time. What am I, a commercial?

4.) I wipe down the faucet every time I clean the sink. But I never really turn it over and give it a good clean. Today, I found there was a lime deposit on the faucet. I guess I never really turn my faucet around just to look at it. Anyway, I used a Baking Soda paste on the deposit. I let the paste sit there for a couple minutes and the lime deposit came right off.

I have turned to a new cleaner. Its cheap and it really does work. I love Baking Soda!



Note: Check your faucet for lime deposits

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
and I thank you